Brunswick River - Beela Road
Basin : Collie River
Catchment : Collie River
The condition of the Brunswick River - Beela Road site (site code: CR51BRUN1), in the middle catchment of the Brunswick River, was assessed between 22 and 23 January 2009, over a 100-m length of stream. At this time no previous assessments of river ecology had been reported.
The assessment was conducted using standard methods from the South West Index of River Condition. Measures chosen for this assessment included fish and crayfish, macroinvertebrates, aquatic habitat, water quality (dissolved oxygen and temperature logged over 24h, and electrical conductivity, pH, colour, alkalinity, turbidity and nutrients), fringing vegetation, channel morphology, erosion, connectivity, local land use and flow.
Note: this site was included in a study of the movement of freshwater cobbler within the Brunswick River in 2014 [view report here], however this is the only known study since the 2009 assessment.
The site was assessed as part of a national assessment of river condition – view report here, however an online condition summary for this site has not been prepared.
Please contact the Departments River Science team for site information, and see below for links to information on some of the species found at the site, and some images taken in January 2009.
Fish and crayfish
Four fish and two crayfish species were found at this site in January 2009, no exotic fish or crayfish were found.
A list of species is provided at the bottom of the page, click on the images to learn more about each species.
Note: only fish and crayfish are targeted by sampling methods, however where other species were caught and/or observed they are included below.
Explore other sites in the catchment
- Brunswick pools
- Brunswick River - Big Tree Road Bridge
- Brunswick River - Riverbank Walk
- Brunswick River - Upstream Mornington Road Bridge
- Brunswick River - Upstream of Augustus River
- Chicken Creek
- Collie River - Cardiff Town Pool
- Collie River - Collie River Road
- Collie River - Collie-Preston Road
- Collie River - Coolangatta Farm Gauging Station
- Collie River - Coolangatta Gauging Station Downstream
- Collie River - Coolangatta Gauging Station Upstream
- Collie River - Downstream Mungalup Tower
- Collie River - Downstream Rose Road Gauging Station
- Collie River - Hetherington Road
- Collie River - River Road Bridge
- Collie River - Treendale Road
- Collie River - Upstream Minninup Pool
- Collie River - Upstream South Branch
- Collie River - Wellington Dam Wall
- Collie River East Branch - Duderling Pool
- Collie River East Branch - Quinns Road 1
- Collie River East Branch - Quinns Road 2
- Collie River East Branch - Upstream Collie-Williams Road
- Collie River East Branch - US Diversion Site
- Collie River South Branch - Long Pool
- Collie River South Branch - McAlinden Road site
- Harris River - Downstream Harris Dam 1
- Harris River - Downstream Harris Dam 2
- Harris River - Downstream Tallanalla Gauging Station
- Lake Kepwari - Diversion Inlet
- Lake Kepwari - Diversion Outflow
- Lake Kepwari - Northern End
- Lake Kepwari - River Channel
- Wellesley River - Devlin Road