Bennett Brook - Downstream of Mussel Pool
Basin : Swan-Coastal
Catchment : Swan-Avon River - Lower Swan River
The condition of the Bennett Brook - Downstream of Mussel Pool site (site code: BBDSMP), in the middle catchment of Bennett Brook, was assessed between 6 and 7 November 2012, over a 100-m length of stream. The site was also assessed in spring of 2007, 2008 and 2009.
The assessment was conducted using standard methods from the South West Index of River Condition. Measures chosen for this assessment included fish and crayfish, macroinvertebrates, aquatic habitat, water quality (dissolved oxygen and temperature logged over 24h, and electrical conductivity, pH, colour, alkalinity, turbidity and nutrients), fringing vegetation, channel morphology, erosion, connectivity, local land use and flow.
This site was assessed as part of the River Health Assessment Scheme project.
An online condition summary for this site has not been prepared. Please contact the Departments River Science team for site information, and see below for links to information on some of the species found at the site, and some images taken in November 2012.
Fish and crayfish
One fish species (exotic), was found at this site in November 2012.
Click on the images to learn more about this species.
Note: only fish and crayfish are targeted by sampling methods, however where other species were caught and/or observed they are included below.
Explore other sites in the catchment
- Bassendean Main Drain Industrial
- Bassendean Main Drain Residential
- Blackadder Creek - Muriel Street Downstream
- Breera Brook
- Breera Brook 2
- Cookes Brook - Old Coach Road East
- Ellen Brook - Brand Highway downstream
- Ellen Brook - Millhouse Road Bridge
- Ellen Brook Nature Reserve
- Helena River - Whiteman Road
- Jane Brook - De Grey Retreat
- Jane Brook - Sexton Street
- Mundaring Weir Downstream
- Nullila Brook
- South Belmont Main Drain
- Susannah Brook - Reserve No 50069
- Woodbridge Creek
- Wooroloo Brook - Karls Ranch
- Yalyal Brook