Upper Chapman Brook - Berry Farm
Basin : Blackwood River
Catchment : Lower Blackwood River
The condition of the Upper Chapman Brook - Berry Farm site (site code: BR50UPPE1), in the middle catchment of the of the Upper Chapman Brook, was assessed between 13 and 14 February 2019, over a 100-m length of stream.
The assessment was conducted using standard methods from the South West Index of River Condition. Measures chosen for this assessment included fish and crayfish, aquatic habitat, water quality (dissolved oxygen, temperature, electrical conductivity, and pH logged over 24h, and colour, alkalinity, turbidity and nutrients), fringing vegetation, channel morphology, erosion, connectivity, local land use and flow.
An online condition summary for this site has not been prepared. Please contact the Departments River Science team for site information, and see below for links to information on some of the species found at the site, and some images taken in 2019.
Fish and crayfish
Four fish and two crayfish species were found at this site in 2019. No exotic species were found.
Notably, Galaxiella munda (western mud minnow) was found in relatively high abundance (~20). This is of ecological significance as it is a rare species known to often occur in low abundance within their natural range (thus chance of detection is naturally low). This species is listed as Lower Risk/Near Threatened on the 1996 IUCN Redlist of threatened species.
A list of species is provided at the bottom of the page, click on the images to learn more about each species.
Note: only fish and crayfish are targeted by sampling methods, however where other species were caught and/or observed they are included below.
Explore other sites in the catchment
- Blackwood River - Boathaugh Boat ramp
- Blackwood River - Downstream Boathaugh Boat ramp
- Blackwood River - Jalbarragup
- Blackwood River - Orchard Cottage
- Blackwood River - Rosa Camp
- Blackwood River - Wall Road
- Chapman Brook - Chapman Pool
- Chapman Brook - Forest Grove Pool
- Chapman Brook - Halcyondays
- Chapman Brook - Warner Glen Road
- Fisher Creek - Denny Road
- Four Acres Road Tributary
- Glenarty Creek
- Mcleod Creek - Boathaugh
- Mcleod Creek - Bruce Road
- Mcleod Creek - Geocrinia Road
- Mcleod Creek - Harrison Road
- McLeod Creek - Millers Road Crossing
- Mcleod Creek - Sebbes Road
- Milyeannup Brook 1
- Milyeannup Brook 2
- Poison Gully 1
- Poison Gully 2
- Poison Gully 3
- Rushy Creek - McDonald Road
- Rushy Creek - Mcleod Creek Road
- Rushy Creek - Millers Road Crossing
- Rushy Creek - Smith Road
- Scott River - Brennans Ford
- Scott River - Milyeannup Bridge upstream
- Upper Chapman Brook - Chalice Bridge Upstream
- Upper Chapman Brook - Berry Farm 2
- Upper Chapman Brook - Bridgelands Road
- Upper Chapman Brook - Rosa Glen Road
- Upper Chapman Brook - Upstream Bridgelands Road
- Upper Chapman Brook 1
- West Bay Creek