Mcleod Creek - Boathaugh
Basin : Blackwood River
Catchment : Lower Blackwood River
The condition of the Mcleod Creek - Boathaugh site (site code: MC10), in the upper catchment of Mcleod Creek, was assessed between 17 and 18 October 2012 and 6 and 7 February 2013 over a 100-m length of stream. At this time no previous assessments of river ecology had been reported.
The assessment was conducted using standard methods from the South West Index of River Condition. Measures chosen for this assessment included fish and crayfish, macroinvertebrates, aquatic habitat, water quality (dissolved oxygen and temperature logged over 24h, and electrical conductivity, pH, colour, alkalinity, turbidity and nutrients), fringing vegetation, channel morphology, erosion, connectivity, local land use and flow. A water quality sample was also taken on 18 June 2012.
Fish and crayfish
Six fish and three crayfish species were found at this site, no exotic fish were found (combination of October 2012 and February 2013 sampling).
A list of species is provided at the bottom of the page, click on the images to learn more about each species.
Note: only fish and crayfish are targeted by sampling methods, however where other species were caught and/or observed they are included below.
Other aquatic fauna
Six Western long-necked turtles (Chelodina colliei) were found at this site.
Explore other sites in the catchment
- Berry Farm 2
- Blackwood River - Boathaugh Boat ramp
- Blackwood River - Downstream Boathaugh Boat ramp
- Blackwood River - Jalbarragup
- Blackwood River - Orchard Cottage
- Blackwood River - Rosa Camp
- Blackwood River - Wall Road
- Chapman Brook - Chapman Pool
- Chapman Brook - Forest Grove Pool
- Chapman Brook - Halcyondays
- Chapman Brook - Warner Glen Road
- Fisher Creek - Denny Road
- Four Acres Road Tributary
- Glenarty Creek
- Mcleod Creek - Bruce Road
- Mcleod Creek - Geocrinia Road
- Mcleod Creek - Harrison Road
- McLeod Creek - Millers Road Crossing
- Mcleod Creek - Sebbes Road
- Milyeannup Brook 1
- Milyeannup Brook 2
- Poison Gully 1
- Poison Gully 2
- Poison Gully 3
- Rushy Creek - McDonald Road
- Rushy Creek - Mcleod Creek Road
- Rushy Creek - Millers Road Crossing
- Rushy Creek - Smith Road
- Scott River - Brennans Ford
- Scott River - Milyeannup Brook
- Upper Chapman Brook - Berry Farm
- Upper Chapman Brook - Chalice Bridge Upstream
- Upper Chapman Brook - Bridgelands Road
- Upper Chapman Brook - Rosa Glen Road
- Upper Chapman Brook - Upstream Bridgelands Road
- Upper Chapman Brook 1
- West Bay Creek