Collie River Road Bridge
Basin : Collie River
Catchment : Collie River
The condition of the Collie River Road Bridge site (CR153COLL1), in the lower Collie River was assessed between 28 February and 1 March 2018 and 7 and 8 March 2017, over a 100-m length of stream.
The assessment was conducted using standard methods from the South West Index of River Condition. Measures chosen for this assessment included fish and crayfish, aquatic habitat, water quality (dissolved oxygen, temperature, electrical conductivity, and pH logged over 24h, and colour, alkalinity, turbidity and nutrients), fringing vegetation, channel morphology, erosion, connectivity, local land use and flow.
The site was also assessed in January 2009 as part of a national assessment of river condition (site code CR-06 / 6121240) - view report here.
An online condition summary for this site has not been prepared. Please contact the Departments River Science team for site information, and see below for links to information on some of the species found at the site, and some images taken in 2018.
Fish and crayfish
Five fish species and two crayfish species were found at this site in 2018, including one exotic fish species.
A list of species is provided at the bottom of the page, click on the images to learn more about each species.
Note: only fish and crayfish are targeted by sampling methods, however where other species were caught and/or observed they are included below.
Other aquatic fauna
Carter’s freshwater mussel (Westralunio carteri) and South-west glass shrimp (Palaemon australis) were caught or observed or caught at this site in 2017 and 2018.
Explore other sites in the catchment
- Booth Street
- Brunswick pools
- Brunswick River - Beela Road
- Brunswick River - Big Tree Road Bridge
- Brunswick River - Riverbank Walk
- Brunswick River - Upstream Mornington Road Bridge
- Cardiff Town Pool
- Chicken Creek
- Collie River East Branch - US Diversion Site
- Collie River South Branch - Long Pool
- Collie-Preston Road
- Coolangatta Farm Gauging Station
- Downstream Coolangatta Gauging Station
- Downstream Harris Dam 1
- Downstream Harris Dam 2
- Downstream Mungalup Tower
- Downstream Rose Road Gauging Station
- Duderling Pool
- Harris River - Downstream Tallanalla Gauging Station
- Hetherington Road
- Lake Kepwari - Diversion Inlet
- Lake Kepwari - Diversion Outflow
- Lake Kepwari - Northern End
- Lake Kepwari - River Channel
- Quinns Road 1
- Quinns Road 2
- River Road Bridge
- Treendale Road
- Upstream Collie-Williams Road
- Upstream Coolangatta Gauging Station
- Upstream Lake Kepwari
- Upstream Minninup Pool
- Upstream South Branch
- Wellesley River - Devlin Road
- Wellington Dam Wall