Basin : Swan-Coastal
Catchment : Swan-Avon River - Lower Swan River
The condition of the Nullila Brook (site code: SR295ELLE1), in the middle catchment of the Nullila Brook, was assessed between 27 and 28 October 2019, over a 100-m length of stream. At this time no previous assessments of river ecology had been reported.
The assessment was conducted using standard methods from the South West Index of River Condition. Measures chosen for this assessment included fish and crayfish, aquatic habitat, water quality (dissolved oxygen, temperature, electrical conductivity, and pH logged over 24h, and colour, alkalinity, turbidity and nutrients), fringing vegetation, channel morphology, erosion, connectivity, local land use and flow.
An online condition summary for this site has not been prepared. Please contact the Departments River Science team for site information, and see below for links to information on some of the species found at the site, and some images taken in 2019.
Fish and crayfish
Two fish species and one crayfish species were found at this site in 2019, no exotic species were found.
Although not collected Freshwater cobbler (Tandanus bostocki ) were observed at the site in February 2019.
A list of species is provided at the bottom of the page, click on the images to learn more about each species.
Note: only fish and crayfish are targeted by sampling methods, however where other species were caught and/or observed they are included below.
Other aquatic fauna
Carter’s freshwater mussel (Westralunio carteri) and the Water rat (Hydromys chrysogaster) was also observed in February 2019.
Explore other sites in the catchment
- Bassendean Main Drain Industrial
- Bassendean Main Drain Residential
- Bennett Brook - Downstream of Mussel Pool
- Blackadder Creek - Muriel Street Downstream
- Breera Brook
- Breera Brook 2
- Cookes Brook - Old Coach Road East
- Ellen Brook - Brand Highway downstream
- Ellen Brook - Ellen Brook Nature Reserve
- Ellen Brook - Millhouse Road Bridge
- Helena River - Mundaring Weir Downstream
- Helena River - Whiteman Road
- Jane Brook - De Grey Retreat
- Jane Brook - Sexton Street
- South Belmont Main Drain
- Susannah Brook - Reserve No 50069
- Woodbridge Creek
- Wooroloo Brook - Karls Ranch
- Yalyal Brook