Red Gully Creek
Basin : Moore-Hill rivers
Catchment : Moore River
The condition of the Red Gully Creek (site code: MR32MUNG1), in the middle catchment of Red Gully Creek, was assessed between 25 and 26 February 2019, over a 100-m length of stream. At this time no previous assessments of river ecology had been reported.
The assessment was conducted using standard methods from the South West Index of River Condition. Measures chosen for this assessment included fish and crayfish, aquatic habitat, water quality (dissolved oxygen, temperature, electrical conductivity, and pH logged over 24h, and colour, alkalinity, turbidity and nutrients), fringing vegetation, channel morphology, erosion, connectivity, local land use and flow.
An online condition summary for this site has not been prepared. Please contact the Departments River Science team for site information, and see below for links to information on some of the species found at the site, and some images taken in 2019.
Fish and crayfish
Two fish species and two crayfish species were found at this site in 2019. No exotic species were found.
A list of species is provided at the bottom of the page, click on the images to learn more about each species.
Note: only fish and crayfish are targeted by sampling methods, however where other species were caught and/or observed they are included below.
Explore other sites in the catchment
- Dandaragan Street
- Fletcher Gully - New Norcia Road
- Gingin Brook - Downstream Mungala Brook
- Gingin Brook - Gingin Brook Road Bridge
- Gingin Brook - Mortimer Street Gauging Station
- Gingin Brook - Upstream Mungala Brook
- Gingin Brook - Whakea Road
- Lennard Brook - Lennards Road
- Lennard Brook - Upstream Brand Highway
- Lower Gingin Brook downstream
- Lower Gingin Brook upstream
- Molloy Street Moora
- Moore River - Lancelin Road Bridge
- Moore River - Mogumber West Nature Reserve
- Moore River - North Branch Bindoon Moora Road
- Moore River - Regans Ford
- Upstream Bindoon-Moora Road
- Upstream of Gauging Station
- Waterville Road