Harvey River - Sunnyvale Gauging Station
Basin : Harvey River
Catchment : Harvey River
The condition of the Sunnyvale Gauging Station site (site code: HARV08), in the upper catchment of Harvey River, was assessed several times between February and April 2011 (see report in link below). At this time no previous assessments of river ecology had been reported.
The assessment was conducted using standard methods from the South West Index of River Condition. Primarily measures chosen for this assessment included, fish and crayfish, aquatic habitat, water quality (dissolved oxygen, temperature, electrical conductivity, and pH) logged every 10 mins between 7 February and 10 May 2011, fringing vegetation, channel morphology, erosion, connectivity, local land use and flow.
The site was assessed as part an assessment of ecological health and environmental water provisions in the Harvey River – view report here.
Fish and crayfish
Five fish and two crayfish species were found at this site (combination of all sampling events in 2011) including one exotic fish.
A list of species is provided at the bottom of the page, click on the images to learn more about each species.
Note: only fish and crayfish are targeted by sampling methods, however where other species were caught and/or observed they are included below.
Explore other sites in the catchment
- Drakes Brook - Downstream Drakes Brook Dam
- Drakes Brook - Downstream of Dam Wall
- Drakes Brook - Upstream Drakes Brook Dam
- Drakesbrook Drain
- Harvey Main Drain - Bristol Road
- Harvey Main Drain - Johnston Road
- Harvey Main Drain - Riverdale Road
- Harvey River - Clifton Park
- Harvey River - Hanson Road
- Harvey River - Homestead Road
- Harvey River - River Road
- Harvey River - Track Off Dingo Road
- Harvey River - Upstream of Dingo Road Gauging Station
- Harvey River - Upstream of Pig Camp
- Logue Brook - Clifton Road
- Logue Brook - Logue Brook Dam Road
- Logue Brook - South Western Highway
- Logue Brook Drain - Trotter Road
- Mayfield Drain - Old Bunbury Road
- Samson Brook - Downstream Samson Brook Dam 1
- Samson Brook - Downstream Samson Brook Dam 2
- Wokalup Creek - Downstream Wokalup Dam