Harvey River - Upstream of Dingo Road Gauging Station
Basin : Harvey River
Catchment : Harvey River
The condition of the Upstream of Dingo Road Gauging Station site (site code: HARV-06), upstream of the Stirling Reservoir on the the Harvey River, was assessed between 28 and 29 October 2009, over a 100-m length of stream. At this time no previous assessments of river ecology had been reported.
The assessment was conducted using standard methods from the South West Index of River Condition. Measures chosen for this assessment included fish and crayfish, macroinvertebrates, aquatic habitat, water quality (dissolved oxygen and temperature logged over 24h, and electrical conductivity, pH, colour, alkalinity, turbidity and nutrients), fringing vegetation, channel morphology, erosion, connectivity, local land use and flow.
The site was assessed as part of a national assessment of river condition – view report here.
An online condition summary for this site has not been prepared. Please contact the Departments River Science team for site information, and see below for links to information on some of the species found at the site, and some images taken in October 2009.
Fish and crayfish
Two fish species were found at this site in October 2009, including one exotic fish (Brown trout).
A list of species is provided at the bottom of the page, click on the images to learn more about each species.
Note: only fish and crayfish are targeted by sampling methods, however where other species were caught and/or observed they are included below.
Explore other sites in the catchment
- Drakes Brook - Downstream Drakes Brook Dam
- Drakes Brook - Downstream of Dam Wall
- Drakes Brook - Upstream Drakes Brook Dam
- Drakesbrook Drain
- Harvey Main Drain - Bristol Road
- Harvey Main Drain - Johnston Road
- Harvey Main Drain - Riverdale Road
- Harvey River - Clifton Park
- Harvey River - Hanson Road
- Harvey River - Homestead Road
- Harvey River - River Road
- Harvey River - Sunnyvale Gauging Station
- Harvey River - Track Off Dingo Road
- Harvey River - Upstream of Pig Camp
- Logue Brook - Clifton Road
- Logue Brook - Logue Brook Dam Road
- Logue Brook - South Western Highway
- Logue Brook Drain - Trotter Road
- Mayfield Drain - Old Bunbury Road
- Samson Brook - Downstream Samson Brook Dam 1
- Samson Brook - Downstream Samson Brook Dam 2
- Wokalup Creek - Downstream Wokalup Dam