Moore River North Branch - Upstream of Long Pool Bridge Gauging Station
Basin : Moore-Hill rivers
Catchment : Moore River
The condition of the Upstream of Long Pool Bridge Gauging Station site (site code: MR-15), in the upper catchment of the Moore River North Branch, was assessed between 16 and 17 October 2008, over a 100-m length of stream. At this time no previous assessments of river ecology had been reported.
The assessment was conducted using standard methods from the South West Index of River Condition. Measures chosen for this assessment included fish and crayfish, macroinvertebrates, aquatic habitat, water quality (dissolved oxygen and temperature logged over 24h, and electrical conductivity, pH, colour, alkalinity, turbidity and nutrients), fringing vegetation, channel morphology, erosion, connectivity, local land use and flow
The site was assessed as part of a national assessment of river condition – view report here.
An online condition summary for this site has not been prepared. Please contact the Departments River Science team for site information, and see below for links to information on some of the species found at the site, and some images taken in October 2008.
Fish and crayfish
Two fish species were found at this site in October 2008. No exotic fish or crayfish were found.
A list of species is provided at the bottom of the page, click on the images to learn more about each species.
Note: only fish and crayfish are targeted by sampling methods, however where other species were caught and/or observed they are included below.
Explore other sites in the catchment
- Fletcher Gully - New Norcia Road
- Gingin Brook - Downstream Cheriton weir
- Gingin Brook - Downstream Mungala Brook
- Gingin Brook - Mortimer Street Gauging Station
- Gingin Brook - Upstream Mungala Brook
- Gingin Brook - Whakea Road
- Lennard Brook - Lennards Road
- Lennard Brook - Lennards Road 3
- Lennard Brook - Upstream Brand Highway
- Lower Gingin Brook Downstream
- Lower Gingin Brook Upstream
- Moore River - Lancelin Road Bridge
- Moore River - Mogumber West Nature Reserve
- Moore River - Regans Ford
- Moore River - Upstream Bindoon-Moora Road
- Moore River - Waterville Road
- Moore River North Branch - Bindoon Moora Road
- Moore River North Branch - Dandaragan Street
- Moore River North Branch - Molloy Street Moora
- Red Gully Creek