Coolangatta Farm Gauging Station
Basin : Collie River
Catchment : Collie River
The condition of the Coolangatta Farm Gauging Station site (site code: CR-15), on the East Branch of the Collie River, was assessed between 15 and 16 January 2009, over a 100-m length of stream. At this time no previous assessments of river ecology had been reported.
The assessment was conducted using standard methods from the South West Index of River Condition. Measures chosen for this assessment included fish and crayfish, macroinvertebrates, aquatic habitat, water quality (dissolved oxygen and temperature logged over 24h, and electrical conductivity, pH, colour, alkalinity, turbidity and nutrients), fringing vegetation, channel morphology, erosion, connectivity, local land use and flow.
Note: This site was sampled upstream of the weir. Two additional sites have since been established, CR412COLL3/Upstream Coolangatta Gauging Station (about 250 m upstream of CR-15) and CR421COLL2/Downstream Coolangatta Gauging Station (about 130 m downstream of CR15).
The site was assessed as part of a national assessment of river condition – view report here.
An online condition summary for this site has not been prepared. Please contact the Departments River Science team for site information, and see below for links to information on some of the species found at the site, and some images taken in January 2009.
Fish and crayfish
Five fish and two crayfish species were found at this site in January 2009, including two exotic fish.
A list of species is provided at the bottom of the page, click on the images to learn more about each species.
Note: only fish and crayfish are targeted by sampling methods, however where other species were caught and/or observed they are included below.
Explore other sites in the catchment
- Booth Street
- Brunswick pools
- Brunswick River - Beela Road
- Brunswick River - Big Tree Road Bridge
- Brunswick River - Riverbank Walk
- Brunswick River - Upstream Mornington Road Bridge
- Cardiff Town Pool
- Chicken Creek
- Collie River East Branch - US Diversion Site
- Collie River Road Bridge
- Collie River South Branch - Long Pool
- Collie-Preston Road
- Downstream Coolangatta Gauging Station
- Downstream Harris Dam 1
- Downstream Harris Dam 2
- Downstream Mungalup Tower
- Downstream Rose Road Gauging Station
- Duderling Pool
- Harris River - Downstream Tallanalla Gauging Station
- Hetherington Road
- Lake Kepwari - Diversion Inlet
- Lake Kepwari - Diversion Outflow
- Lake Kepwari - Northern End
- Lake Kepwari - River Channel
- Quinns Road 1
- Quinns Road 2
- River Road Bridge
- Treendale Road
- Upstream Collie-Williams Road
- Upstream Coolangatta Gauging Station
- Upstream Lake Kepwari
- Upstream Minninup Pool
- Upstream South Branch
- Wellesley River - Devlin Road
- Wellington Dam Wall