Serpentine River - Summerfield Road
Basin : Murray River
Catchment : Murray - Serpentine rivers
The condition of the Serpentine River - Lowlands Road site (site code: SERP02), in the middle catchment of the Serpentine River (downstream of the Serpentine Dam) was assessed over a 100-m length of stream on 10 and 11 February and 12 and 13 May 2014.
The assessment was conducted using standard methods from the South West Index of River Condition. Measures chosen for this assessment included fish and crayfish, aquatic habitat, water quality (dissolved oxygen, temperature, electrical conductivity, and pH logged over 24h), fringing vegetation, channel morphology, erosion, connectivity, local land use and flow.
An online condition summary for this site has not been prepared. Please contact the department’s River Science team for site information, and see below for links to information on some of the species found at the site, and some images taken in 2014.
Fish and crayfish
Six fish and three crayfish species were found at this site in 2014 (combination of both sampling events), including one exotic fish and one exotic crayfish.
A list of species is provided at the bottom of the page, click on the images to learn more about each species.
Note: only fish and crayfish are targeted by sampling methods, however where other species were caught and/or observed they are included below.
Explore other sites in the catchment
- Buchanans Drain
- Hotham River - Hotham River Nature Reserve
- Hotham River - Popanyinning
- Hotham River - Pumphreys Bridge
- Hotham River - Ranford Pool
- Lower Nambeelup Brook
- Lower Punrak Drain
- Murray-Marrinup Brook
- Serpentine River - Birriga Drain
- Serpentine River - Dog Hill
- Serpentine River - Downstream Peel Main Drain
- Serpentine River - Lowlands
- Serpentine River - Lowlands Road
- Serpentine River - Rapids Road
- Serpentine River - Ruperts
- Williams River - Boraning Reserve
- Williams River - Quindanning